Elena Rivera MacGregor is the founder of Rivera Design Group and has more than 20 years of business experience. She began her highly successful design firm after graduating from the Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design.
As a branding and marketing expert, Elena directs all stages of project development, including brand strategy, design development and implementation. She works with a well-established team of experienced professionals – including web developers, writers, illustrators, graphic designers, photographers and printers – to provide her clients with exemplary results.
Her projects range from brand identity programs, annual reports, printed and online marketing tools and web design and development. Elena’s portfolio includes the prestigious winning entry for the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Emblem Design Competition, award-winning annual reports for the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) and British Columbia Automobile Association (BCAA), branding packages for Lakeland College and The Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) and award-winning fundraising projects for Simon Fraser University, B.C.’s Children’s Hospital, and the University of British Columbia (UBC), branding campaigns and almost 100 websites.
• Awarded the 10 most influential Hispanic Canadians in 2010 by the Hispanic Business Association. Ceremony was in held Toronto in 2010.
• Competition winning entry for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic logo competition
• Book: New Pioneers: Stories of 100 women entrepreneurs
• Toastmasters Community Leadership Award for 2010
• CASE Bronze Award for UBC Beaty Biodiversity Museum Blue Whale Fundraising Brochure
• Design Excellence Award from StoraEnso two years in a row
• Brand Identity published in Logo Lounge 4
• Competition winning entry for the Faculty Exhibition at Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design
• Competition winning entry for brand identity for Presentation House Theatre and Photography Gallery in North Vancouver
• Neenah papers Western Silver Award for the design of letterhead for B.C.’s Children’s Hospital Foundation
• Applied Arts Magazine
• HOW (Design) Magazine
• The Wall Street Journal
• NBC News Website
• CBC for the Americas Website
• New Pioneers Book
• The Province
• The Globe and Mail
• The Vancouver Sun
• Architectural Digest
• Make it Business
• People Talk
• ReDiseño Magazine
• Vancouver Board of Trade: Entrepreneurial Excellence
• SMEI: Sales & Marketing Professional Association
• Squamish Board of Trade
• New Westminster Board of Trade
• DesignFest: International Design Conference [Keynote Speaker and Workshop Presenter]
• Women’s Enterprise Centre: BC Women Entrepreneurs Celebration Keynote Speaker
• Rotary Club West Vancouver
• Scandinavian Business Club
• Greater Vancouver Home Builders Association
• Whistler Theatre & Performing Arts
• Kwantlen College
• Emily Car University of Art & Design
• Arts Institute of Vancouver [also advisor to the Graphic Design Department]
• … and many more.
We welcome inquiries for “Branding and Marketing” speaking engagements as well as “Internalizing the Brand” workshops: firstname.lastname@example.org